- ½ cup white wine
- Kosher salt
- 2 cups white quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups raw kale, stems removed
- 2 garlic cloves
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup plus 2 tb olive oil
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tbs finely minced parsley
- Add the wine, 1 tsp kosher salt, 1 cup water, and the quinoa to a medium pot. Whisk everything together, and heat over medium heat until simmering. Turn the heat to low, and put a lid on the pot. Let simmer on low heat for 15 minutes. Then turn the heat off, and remove the pot from the stove, and let is sit another 10 to 15 minutes. Remove the lid, and fluff the quinoa with a fork, and set aside to cool.
- Add the kale, garlic, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse them well until pureed. Stream ¼ cup olive oil in with the processor running, and process until very smooth. Season the pesto to taste with kosher salt.
- Divide the quinoa between 2 large bowls, and then top each with an equal amount of the chicken, tomatoes, and green onions. Add a few tablespoons of kale pesto to each bowl, and sprinkle with the almonds and parsley. Season to taste with kosher salt.